2nd Degree BSN Application Process & Forms
For the University:
- Complete the online Application for Undergraduate Admission or download the application in PDF format to complete and mail later to the EKU Office of Admissions
- Request official transcripts of all previous college work (except course work taken at Eastern Kentucky University) be sent to the EKU Office of Admissions
- Submit a $35 application fee (this fee is specific to EKU Admissions, not the Baccalaureate Nursing Department). Your application will not be processed without this fee. If you're paying your application fee by check, please indicate on the check to whom the fee should be credited and the expected semester of enrollment.
- International Transfer students, please visit the International Admissions website, for a list of requirements.
For the Department of Baccalaureate & Graduate Nursing submit:
- 2nd Degree BSN Application form
- Complete official transcripts of all academic work (front and back copies are acceptable)
- Personal essay. Grading criteria: Organization/Writing Style and Grammar, Goals and Community Service, Consistent Values (articulates: caring humanistic view, commitment to nursing profession, honesty, and trustworthiness)
- Professional resumé
- Three professional letters of reference (Recent employer, most recent academic program, or recent service organization/volunteer work. Not family or friends)
- International students submit copies of JSILNY, WES, or ECE and TOEFL score
If you have been enrolled in another nursing program, submit: